Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The List

It's that time of year again. When you suddenly realise Christmas is just around the corner!!!

29 sleeps to be precise.

(Hope I didn't just scare y'all)

I'm still trying to do the home made present thing. I've done well so far this year and I'm determined to do as many "made with love" presents as I can for Christmas.

However, I've also come to the conclusion that at some point one has to be realistic about what one can actually achieve in the time that one has at ones disposal.

My family also has this annoying thing where we have 6 or so of us in our immediate family having birthdays in November, December and January. Its a busy time of year for present making. Making something for everyone just ain't going to happen

On the DONE list:
Vest for nephew K
Cowl for friend D whose birthday is Xmas Eve
Beanie for stepdads birthday
Birthday surprise thing for Mum (no details as she reads here)


In PROGRESS:
M1's blanket IS (no really) going to be finished this Christmas . 4 squares to go!
Secret Santa gift (halfway done)


To DO:
Gloves for Mum
Socks for M6 (at her request)
Cardigan for neice S
Dye some wool for Granny (she knits too..)
Something for my auntie. Yet to be decided - possibly bathsalts

I'm hopeful my list is realistic and achievable. Seeing how much I've already done is a good feeling and the 'to do' list is not tooooooooo daunting.

The womenfolk in the family are all getting something else handmade...
PB250011

PB250013


Amber bracelet

Stitch markers for Ceres

Guess I can also add all of that to the done list :)

Are you home making this Christmas too?

7 comments:

Rose Red said...

You are so good with your Christmas and gift crafting. I'm making one thing (which I really *must* start soon if I'm to have any hope of finishing it...)

Anonymous said...

Yep I am handmaking gifts again this year. I should really get started huh?

Anonymous said...

Yup, doing the handmade things, and thinking I've made a rod for my own back here. My list is way bigger than yous (and that's not a good thing). I think somethings may be substituted with bought things. I'll do my best though :-)

Unknown said...

wow your jewellery projects are looking awesome - lucky friends & family!!

Anonymous said...

It looks like you are well on your way! I think it's wise not to make yourself too crazy at this time of year, and your list seems reasonable. Love those stitch markers!

Anonymous said...

You're doing so well with your handmade gifts! You must be very organised!

Nova said...

wow purdy!! i'm doing *some* handmade things this xmas, and going for local and/or natural for the rest :)