Friday, November 7, 2008

My day today

My Mummy brain got a bit of a work out. Early childhood curriculum and assessment of learning!!
PB082104

Every good day includes some knitting (of course).
PB082105

Harvest time.
PB082103

The outcome won't be a wonderfully historic moment like the US election this week but it will be a close race and will be interesting to see which way it goes in the end. I found myself feeling lucky to live in a society where I can participate in a democratic process to decide who governs the country. Did you know New Zealand was the first country in the world to allow women the vote?
PB082108

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, do you know today when I went to vote I found myself feeling very grateful and quite moved by the significance of what I was doing as I considered how we have it compared to so many others. I noticed that I could go in peace to make my vote. I wasn't coerced, I wasn't intimidated, I wasn't threatened. The process is unlikely to be rigged. Although NZ isn't perfect, I'm so grateful for our democratic process and we shouldn't take it for granted.

Anonymous said...

didn't know that about new zealand--in fact, don't know a lot about new zealand at all ( as i suspect is true for most of us out here). loed the intereseting fact--keep them coming....

At Home Mommy Knits said...

Go New Zealand with first equal rights!! Didn't know that ;)

Mary said...

I didn't know that! That red cable looks so pretty! Can't wait to see what you are up to!