Friday, November 28, 2008

Christmas come early

I'm participating in a Secret Santa swap group and lucky me got her parcel this morning......

Fruit salad secret santa wool

"Fruit Salad" 80%wool/20%nylon 4ply. SOCK!! yarn. Squeeeee! I think it will make the coolest bright socks, I can't wait to have a go (finally) at socks! I'm thinking maybe plainish because of the colours so if anyone has a good sock pattern please leave a comment. Nothing too tricky as these will be my first proper socks!

SS Sock yarn

Isn't it great? Nice and bright and cheerful!

My yarn came from clever Sharry - thank you so much, its just lovely and so perfect. Its been a busy full on week and this was such a great surprise to find this morning!! Thank You!! And to Margo who matched me up with someone who would gift me something so suited - thank you too!

6 comments:

Rose Red said...

awww, nice! Look forward to seeing the socks - I think when the yarn is so pretty, the simplest patterns are often the best.

Aunt Kathy said...

Oh my, what a wonderful color. I am bad at choosing patterns for socks... I'd Ravelry around for patterns made with that yarn first... oh you are going to love making that first pair.

Anonymous said...

You've done well there girl! I'll have a think about a sock pattern for you. Does it need to be available online?

Bells said...

oh it's delightful. Yep, go for simple socks, it'll be the most effective. So cheery!

Anonymous said...

My first "real" socks were the Monkey socks from knitty. It works well with variegated yarn of all colors. Have fun!

sweetp said...

I queued the monkey socks and was thinking maybe the anatasia ones which have the eyelets coiling round. Will see...I see many hours of ravelry surfing coming up lol
Thanks everyone xx