Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Just one more

Ok so this is the last one in my little series of variegated knits.

last minute gift for a friends baby

Kelly has just finished knitting 8 (!!) of these tiny little jackets for a charity in Brisbane. You can see them in all their cuteness glory here. Such a great effort and I loved all the little variations she did to make each one unique. The pattern can be found here - top down raglan, nice & easy.

Wool Company "Blues"

So, when it came for me to make a left it to the last minute baby gift for a friend I was visiting today I immediately thought of those little cardys and my 50g of leftover "blues" yarn and voila! Its very small but looked like it should fit little Mr 3 weeks old ( very cute and tiny...it took all my strength not to steal him). Summer is just days away so I just did shorter sleeves (and the fact I was running out of time & yarn!) and by the sounds of it this was just what my friend was after anyway.

2 nights of knitting and finished off this morning with some happy buttons from my button stash. Talk about cutting it fine!! One day I will get organised and have a little stash of NB things at the ready.

One hank of 'blues' got me a pair of Med/Large longies and a NB cardy. It does seem to go a long way and at $15 a hank I can't really complain about the price either and NZ made - what's not to love?

8 comments:

Suvi said...

So cute! I love those buttons too! :)

Rose Red said...

That is so sweet and I *love* the happy buttons!

Mary said...

That is so sweet, and those buttons are just so cute! :)

Anonymous said...

You have been seriously productive these last few weeks! I love this little jacket!

can you let me know the yarn weight please. :)

Anonymous said...

So cute, and the buttons go perfectly!

Abby said...

Those buttons are so adorable! They totally make the sweater. =)

Sam said...

I love the Wool Co's variegated yarns, the colours are gorgeous, and it does go a long way. We have the added bonus of getting it GST free here in Aus too, plus a reasonably good exchange rate... hmm perhaps I need to put in an order...

Georgie said...

*more* utiku fabulousness! I love it, especially the buttons.