Tuesday, October 28, 2008

FO: Stacked Eyelet Cowl

I have a dear friend living in London, who is a sweetie and always sending my girls "London" gifts. Her birthday is Christmas Eve (poor thing) and since they are heading into Winter over there I thought I would make her a woolly neck warmer for her birthday this year.

I had *one* ball of Twilley's of Stamford Freedom Spirit in my stash with nothing particular in mind .....


Stacke Eyelet CowlStacked Eyelet Cowl





It began as a plain stocking stitch cowl with a moss stitch border until I saw Carol's stacked eyelet cowl. The eyelets are so simple but give such a nice effect - and a bit of structure I think this soft and delicate yarn probably needed. Great pattern - nice and easy (my knitting in the dark project) and a good choice for yarn like this that does all the patterning work for you. I used a little over one ball.....

There is a pic of the cowl laid flat here.

I am so blessed to have lovely friends on the other side of the world who keep in touch over the years despite the miles between us.

I am also blessed to have crafty friends who answer your call (by courier even!) for more yarn when you run out and no LYS in town stocks the wool you need. Thank you Jen!!!

8 comments:

Margo said...

I too am thankful for the internet, and blogs, for keeping in touch with people across the world.

Anonymous said...

Oh it turned out mighty fine. Yum!

Carol said...

It's Beautiful!

Rose Red said...

It's lovely - great combination of pattern and yarn. Lucky friend!

Anonymous said...

Well your timing is perfect with this project! Tempuratures have really dropped here in the last day. Your friend will really appreciate a lovely cosy cowl!

At Home Mommy Knits said...

What a lovely present! I love the quick and easy knitting that feel so luxurious with just the right yarn.

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

What a lovely and thoughtful gift!

Poor thing is right - LOL I feel bad for those with ill timed birthdays. Whatever where their parents thinking?

Danny Winters said...

Nicce post