Friday, May 30, 2008

And don't forget DH

Behold!!....I managed to talk DH into modelling his new hand warmers.


P5310776


Made in Paton's Inca (50%wool/30%acrylic/20%alpaca) on 6mm DPNs. I made up the pattern for these as I went - its a simple 4x2 rib with a thumb ala the method in Fetching. There are some decreases at the top. Quick and easy these are super duper warm. This yarn is like 14ply so they are really really chunky but look Ok on big man hands. Perfect for biking to work on frosty mornings (although I think he is regretting his decision to ask for hand warmers rather than mittens lol).

P5310775

I'm going to knit him a scarf to match in the same rib pattern but that's going to the bottom of the list of priorities while I try and get some swaps and SweetP orders done first.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

those are seriously chunky, macho mitts! lets' hope his fingertips don't turn blue though!

Aunt Kathy said...

My husband does not model... at least not on purpose

Nikki Elisabeth said...

Spunky handwarmers! Love the colour.