Monday, October 6, 2008

Lacy Bonnet take 2

So I promised lots of knitting content this week...here's the next one...


Back in March I made a lacy bonnet from Erika Knight's Baby Bloom
- it was adorable , a little small for M but probably the cutest thing I think I've ever made.

I've kept it , just to admire, in case you were wondering what happened to it.


My lovely friend Beck is expecting a little girl who is due to arrive very soon and I knew she just needed to have a lacy bonnet

Bella Bamboo

Once again I didn't go for the oversized ribbon bow on the sides but a more simple I-cord

Bella Bamboo

The star shaped flower on the back is so cute! It looks really difficult but isn't that hard at all. A pattern where you have to concentrate but nothing really tricky in terms of stitches or techniques. The seaming is a bit of a pain but this time around I had the right number of petals and it was much easier

Bella Bamboo

I used Bella Baby Layette which is a bamboo/wool mix which is lovely and soft, so nice for little baby things. This used a little under 50g

I don't often knit from the same pattern multiple times but I think this just might become my 'turn to' new baby girl gift. So sweet.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I adore that pattern! Well done G :)

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

That's an adorable bonnet! It is so sweet to see a baby wearing a bonnet.

At Home Mommy Knits said...

That bonnet is adorable!! Wish my little girl was still small enought to wear it :)

Sharonnz said...

How sweet is that??

Sue said...

It turned out so cute and pretty. I am sure it will look gorgeous on too.

Rose Red said...

I love this bonnet. I made one too, but muffed up the seaming (one of my earlier projects) - the star on the back is just fabulous isn't it! I like the idea of i-cord ties too.

Cut&Alter said...

Love it - I think I'm going to have to seriously think about knitting once we get settled somewhere! x

Anonymous said...

It's adorable! I agree, I think that would make a great 'go-to' gift for baby girls!