Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Cuteness is...

Did you guess I was making bootees??

P3190334

I am so totally in love with this pattern. Enough to make me think I'll never ever bother with any other bootee pattern.

Saartje's Bootee Pattern - extremely popular and oh so cute

The pattern is for 4ply and 2.5mm but I use 8ply and 3.25mm needles when I make these. My finished size is about 9.5cm and this size fit M from about 3months to about 6months. I love how quick these knit up and it is not a complicated pattern so is good for TV watching. The first time I made this I didn't do the straps as the pattern states and just fudged it (which was fine). This time I re-read it and realised it wasn't as difficult as what I had thought. Long tail cast on as per normal but use a 2nd (short) piece of yarn for the thumb strand.



I used leftover yarn from my pink mouse...

P3190337

Tonight I wrapped up the mouse and the bootees and they are going to be sent off to a dear friend who is having a baby girl later this year.


I hope she likes them as much as I liked making them

See them on Ravelry

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Those are adorable! I'm going to have to add them to my queue.

Just what I need, another project. ;)

Louise said...

OMG those are so cute! I already have them in my Ravelry queue but I might have to move them to the top! Nice idea to pair them with the mouse for a baby gift.

The Dollars said...

Those are so adorable I can hardly stand it! The pink on pink is so cute!!

Nova said...

ooo definitely cute!!

Anonymous said...

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
they are so cute!

Anonymous said...

gorgeous booties!

Kate Schmidt said...

Oh, the two-tone pinky goodness just makes me swoon!

Anonymous said...

gasp! they are gorgeous...enough to make anyone want a baby girl to wear them on her tiny pink feet!