Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The new way to swatch

P8221438

Got a big plastic bangle?

Got a swatch you want to try out? A clever stitch pattern or funky cable? Want to just knit and make it up as you go (like I did?)

A great idea of upcycling those retro 80's bangles (yes I totally stole upcycling from Jannelle) and something funky to do with those swatches.

Instructions are here :D

P.S Learn from my mistake...don't choose a super chunky yarn else it might be a bit of a squeeze to get your hand in!

P.P.S Thanks for all your encouragement about my startitis! Glad to see I'm not alone and I'm hanging out for spring and a fresh spark of motivation

8 comments:

Aunt Kathy said...

Cool idea. Now that you have it on your wrist will you be able to get it off? LOL

Mary said...

What a great idea!

Anya said...

Just this morning my non-knitting friend send me a picture of this type of bracelets. Looks like it's a new "it" thing for the season.

Unknown said...

What a great and stylish idea!

Anonymous said...

Superfab!

Heart Felt said...

Way to Go Upcycling! xx

Cut&Alter said...

Great idea - I really do need to start knitting! x

Rose Red said...

Love the knitted bangle!! What a great idea. Will clearly have to whip up one or two of these for myself!