Monday, December 29, 2008

New Year = New Look

I've spent the morning giving my blog a bit of a makeover. Something I have been thinking of doing for awhile and since the New Year is just about here it seemed the right time. Out with the pink and in with something a little cleaner and fresher. I'm also going to do some spring cleaning of my sidebar over the next few days too. So if you are reading this on your blog reader click through and let me know what you think :D

Also out is the beach pic that has been my header since beginning the blog. Remember...















(Photo courtesy of
virtualoceania.net - if you want to see the part of the world I live in go for a browse, some gorgeous pics of Aotearoa/New Zealand)


That *was* our beach, when we lived in Paihia. Strange to think we have been back in the south for 8 months now. Sometimes it seems like only yesterday we would see enjoy that gorgeous beachy view every morning and yet other days it all seems like some distant memory, like we didn't really live in that beautiful laid back spot and it was just a lovely (warm) dream. If you are in NZ and haven't visited the Bay of Islands before,or planning on coming to NZ for a holiday, it really is a truly beautiful part of the country. I miss it alot but I know for now we need to be down here. Maybe one day we'll be able to go back, when children are older and we can bear to be in a different island to the grandparents, when we can do our own thing and enjoy the "winterless north" lifestyle again.

Proof that really was our beach?
P3230354P3230386

(Obviously I didn't pick as nice a day to photograph but up there it was always hot no matter what the sky was doing...)

Now, what I really would love to do for the New Year is give myself a makeover too! Hmm maybe a new haircut might be in order.

Do you have any 'new' plans for the New Year?

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking good hun!
A change is nice huh :)
I don't really have any big plans for next year. As always though, will be watching with baited breath to see what gorgeous wee treasures come off your needles though

At Home Mommy Knits said...

Love the new look! The beach looks so fun. Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

The new design is great! I'm all for going out with the old and in with the new in 09.

Aunt Kathy said...

I have been wanting to re-design my blog page too, I want a three column blog but can't figure it out, {{{sigh}}} I also want to get a picture in the header too, again not finding much success yet. But I will keep trying, LOL

Sophie said...

Really cool new look, if you want to try other stuff... I offer you mine !!! hahaha !

Really great job and stunning pictures :)

Sophie

Louise said...

I love the new header photo. I think I started reading your blog as you were moving south, so I never realised that you lived in Paihia before that - wow, I am jealous. I love that part of the country. My challenge for next year is working out how to fit crafting around studying full-time (and make sure I give adequate attention to my study and not spend my "study days" knitting heh heh)...

tikki said...

the makeover looks fabulous!

The Bay of Islands is one of my favourite spots in NZ, you're right, it is so very very beautiful!! We spent a week boating and diving around the islands and another in Paihia a few years ago *sigh* fond memories of a lovely place :)

Fresh Tea : said...

Looking gooood!!!
Have a fab New Years, I can't wait to see more of your knitting next year!

Anonymous said...

Site looks great :) We would love to see you guys back up here again some day.

Carol said...

I love it!!!
I re-designed my blog too,

Fun!!!eh?

Abby said...

That is a gorgeous beach. I have a friend going to NZ to study abroad and now I'm even more jealous. ;-)

Marino said...

love the new look blog Gabes. Happy New Year!
...and I thought that didn't look like a south island beach :P

The Thinking Post said...

I like the picture of the yarn you chose :)

I actually liked the South Island better. The views are more dramatic, I think. Isn't that also where much of the Tolken trilogy was filmed?

I miss eating the mince pies that were sold everywhere :(

Heart Felt said...

Great new look! Love the banner, Happy New Year to you.....no new plans for the New Year - 'just keep on trucking!" xx

Annie said...

Love the new makeover. That picture makes me want to reach out and touch the yarn. I think I'll go knit something...

Rose Red said...

Love the new look!

I think a haircut is a great idea too - I'm thinking about it - but it always takes me some time to actually act on my thoughts when it comes to haircuts!