Friday, July 18, 2008

CENTRAL PARK HOODIE

P7191125

Pattern: Central Park Hoodie
Yarn: Bendigo Woollen Mills Rustic 12ply
Colourway: Red Tweed 4.25 skeins
Modifications: Nothing major really, apart from adding a bit of length. All the other changes I made are pretty minor (e.g picking up button bands all in one piece). Listed them all here.
Photos courtesy of M6


P7191126


I am totally thrilled with how this turned out. I spent a lot of the knitting angsting that this was going to be too small - I was in between pattern sizes and was worried going down was the wrong move. But no, it fits perfectly.

P7191130

I ended up just putting 2 toggle buttons on - theres no way in a million years I am going to wear this buttoned right down so it seemed kind of pointless to sew on a whole row of buttons and loops when all I need is 2.

P7191119

This is a 'so me' kind of pattern. I live in my jeans and sloppy hoodies so this is going to be perfect for doing the walk to school thing. Its really dense and warm, I can see it getting ALOT of wear for what is left of winter.



P7191133



Only one more thing to say really.....LOVE (1)

28 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, G....its beautiful!
Well done!!!!

Helen said...

It's gorgeous.

Alana said...

Very nice! You should be proud!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful job! Hope you get lots of good, warm, woolly wears out of it. :)

Sharonnz said...

Turned out superbly!! Love everything about it.

Maria57 said...

Great job, well done! And may I say that #1 grand daughter has a future in photography - so very clever for just 6.

Mum XX

Anonymous said...

WOW awesome hun!!!!! LOVE it!!!

Nova said...

ooo very nice! looks so snuggly :D

Bells said...

that is SO fantastic. I feel like I MUST have one. I would live in it. Well done!

Kate said...

That is completely gorgeous! It drapes beautifully, too. Man, are you going to get a couple thousand compliments on the way to school.

dropped in to say thanks for the neat suggestion of safety pinning together two sleeves on a circ to avoid confusion. Excellent : D Will do when sstarting next jumper project.

Carol said...

WOW...WOW...WOW...it's gorgeous and has to be the best Central Park Hoodie I've seen! awesome job!

Diane said...

That turned out absolutely stunning! It looks very nice on you. Great job!!!

Anya said...

Very very beautiful hoodie. I am a big fan of hoodies and cables so this one gets an A+ in my books.

I also love the colour. Great job!!!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful sweater! It looks like it turned out perfectly for you. Enjoy!

Aunt Kathy said...

WOW I love it. I wish I was brave enough to make one for myself.

Anonymous said...

How perfect does it look in that yarn! You've done a fantastically neat job too. I think you'll get a ton of wear out of it!

Anonymous said...

It's stunning and I think That M6 is a very talented photographer (though having a pretty model helps ;) )

Anonymous said...

That looks stunning! And you look awesome modelling it. Well done. *Bows down*

m1k1 said...

What saved me was a tip I read somewhere to safety pin the sleeves together just underneath the needle.
A thousand thankyous for leaving this tip on Bell's comments. How come something so obvious never occurred to me.

Louise said...

Wow! That is amazing. I love the yarn you used and it is obvious from the photos how much you love the finished product!

Jennynz said...

It looks fab! well done!

Anonymous said...

Looks fantastic :-) Well done.

Rebecca said...

WOWWWWW Gabes - go you! i love love love it! look at all the time and effort - you look great!!!

At Home Mommy Knits said...

The hoodie looks so warm and cozy on you!! Love it.

Jenny said...

Love, love, love this!!

Anonymous said...

It's just gorgeous, even before I read that you wear this kind of thing all the time I was thinking how totally wearable it would be. The colour is great on you, and I love the photo of you peeping out from the hood - very cute!

Caffeine Faerie said...

Kia Ora!

That is fantastic! And what a lovely Bendy colour choice too! I've just been sold on that pattern - thanks for helping to convince me.

Quick question - Where in the NI are you? - The photos are too green to be anywhere on the South Island. ;)

linnet said...

Wow! you are inspirational! I couldn't decide between this and the wicked sweater so have bought both patterns and am attempting them both! :-)