Sunday, January 11, 2009

Starting the year how I mean to continue...

...knitting for myself.

Only fitting my first 09 FO is one for me

beaded cami1

I'm calling this my "FrankenTank" because I took 2 patterns and melded them together.

This was knit from the bottom up starting with the Beaded Cami pattern . I knit the lace on straight needles, then joined for the round roughly following the A line decrease shaping, then knitting straight until I had the right length. Once I got to the armholes I switched to the Summertime Tunic pattern and completed the bodice instructions from there (you can purchase this pattern for $5.50 from KnittingDaily or go here to Interweave Knits and download a free copy!)

beaded cami2

This was a lovely easy knit. A little bit of maths to get the 2 patterns together but mostly just easy (and just a little bit tedious) stocking stitch in the round making it a lovely relaxing and very portable summer knit. In fact the hardest part was trying to decide what ribbon and beads I wanted to finish it off!


beaded cami3

The yarn (Patons Serenity Bamboo/Cotton) was for Cherry but actually I think I'll get much more wear from this. I love how it drapes and so it seems to perfectly suited to the gathered neckline (made by whipstitching live stitches...very clever). It needed quite a hard block because, like most cotton, it does show every little change in tension but other than that it was quite lovely to knit with. I have 70g left over which probably isn't quite enough to do anything with unfortunately.

Finished!

Now I just need to decide what my next selfish knit is going to be!

27 comments:

Georgie said...

Gosh, but its gorgeous! Really really lovely. Good work putting the two patterns together, they work so well. I'm sure you feel much better now that Cherry didnt work out!

Jennynz said...

Dude! Its gorgeous! stunning! beautiful! I love it!!!!!!

Fresh Tea : said...

Very nice indeed, love the colour, and it fits you beautifully!

Anonymous said...

This looks like it was made for you!

Bells said...

It's so pretty! Well done!

Rose Red said...

It's just gorgeous! Love the colour and love the melding of the patterns - you clever clogs!

Anonymous said...

Oh freaking awesome Gabes!!! Wish I had the body for something like that. it just looks divine!

Suvi said...

It's gorgeous, fits so well and the color is beautiful!

oacemama said...

I just love it, am pretty much gonna copy the whole shebang except i might ry a differnet colour of Serenity.

Gorgeous.

Jo's Place said...

WOW Gabes that is stunning, what an awesome start to the new year :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, stunning! Good on you for selfish knitting, I am selfish quilting :-)

Carol said...

exquisite!!!

I got some of that yarn for Christmas... guess I know what to knit with it! ;)

Abby said...

That turned out so pretty! I love it. =) I'm hoping to finish my first sweater for me within the next 2 or 3 weeks, but I think life is going to get in the way.

At Home Mommy Knits said...

What an absolutely gorgeous tank! Love the name. Beautiful color, love the lace, just perfect.

Anonymous said...

Wow, Now I want one. You took two and made the every best one. You have great talent.

Nikki Elisabeth said...

Omigoodness. You're a machine! I'm about an inch further on Bibi than when I was at your place. Meeeeeh.

It looks absolutely awesome on. Beautiful!!

xo

Mary said...

Very, very pretty, and looks great on you. Love the color.

Anonymous said...

I love what you've done here! You've made the perfect pattern by combining the two. And it's a fantastic colour too!

Heart Felt said...

Beautiful colour! xx

knitsch said...

well i'm going to say what everyone said - it's gorgeous! and looks great on you too.

Anonymous said...

so so clever. and it looks great on you.

Margo said...

That is simply gorgeous! Very tempted to copy you now.... except I've got so many other projects needing doing that I probably shouldn't ;-) But WELL DONE you!

Anonymous said...

Wow that's beautiful! What a great idea to fuse those two patterns.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous work and it looks great on you! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

This is just adorable! It looks so funky with the trims you chose and with your jeans. Fabulous!

Alana said...

What a beautiful tank!

You did an excellent job marrying the two patterns... I see some design work in your future!!!

Anonymous said...

What an attractive and well fitting tank!