Tuesday, July 14, 2009

ButterCup

Forgive me readers, its been 2 weeks since my last blogpost. Nothing bad or interesting - just crazy busy and a distinct lack of anything crafty happening around here. Hopefully a FO post will make up for the longer than intended absence from the blogosphere....

buttercup2


Buttercup (Ravelry download)
Version A
#7 NaKniSweMoDo09 Sweater
6.5 skeins Patons Diploma Gold DK (wool, acrylic, nylon)
4mm Knitpicks


Mods - less increases for the Aline shape and tightened up neckline.

buttercup1

I think most people are making this as a spring/summer tee whereas I was intending it to be more of an autumn/winter top I could layer over long sleeves. I can't remember if that's what I had in mind when I cast on for the 40 and not the 36 - in retrospect the smaller size would have been better I think. This is a lovely top with nothing under it but the neckline is fairly risque and I don't think I'd be brave enough to wear it out in public without a singlet or cami under it - and that's with me tightening up the neckline more than the pattern recommendation. I think perhaps a size smaller would have enabled me to use it as a teeshirt in summer too and probably would have resulted in a nicer fit around the shoulders. However thats my only (and a small one at that) gripe with this and I'm perfectly happy with just using it as a layering sweater. Just as a FYI I did the version A of the pattern - I think version B has a higher neckline.

P7151641

I love the colour of this yarn - which I've used before for socks (it has nylon in it) - and am really pleased with how it knitted up for this top. My stocking stitch smoothed out beautifully after blocking and because it's quite a light DK it has a lovely drape to it which really suits this pattern. I'm hoping the wool blend will also mean it will wear quite well and won't pill like my wool sweaters.

I love the little bit of lace and the Aline hide everything shape. I'm sure I'm going to get quite a bit of wear out of this! Definitely a would knit again pattern.


P.S Have to apologize for the blurry (toddler finger marks on camera lens) photos - just pretend we were going for an arty look. We went to redo them and my camera packed a sad and wouldn't focus - hopefully something I can work out how to fix.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the colour and the shape too. I am loving this pattern, and I think it might have to go on my ever-growing queue.

Anonymous said...

Oh so very pretty! The colour looks lovely on you, and I do like the drape too. Looks good!

Anonymous said...

Yay you're back!
The buttercup is really pretty, I love the colour.
Hope the accounts all got done ok ;)

Bells said...

oh isn't that lovely! I'm just coming around to this idea of layering things and I can really see how it would work. Yeah, smaller might have been ok but this drapes beautifully really.

And i just assumed from the start you'd gone for arty blurriness. It works!

Miss Smith said...

Love that colour! It looks great on you, the style is lovely too.
Guess what. I didn't do any of my june-is-for-finishing jobs finished. Not one!
Ha ha! Oh well. That's what July or August can be for, instead.

Carol said...

It's so pretty!and that colour looks perfect on you! I guess I'll add it to my queue too!

Rose Red said...

I love this! The colour (of course!) is fantastic, and the shape and everything - think it looks just fab!!

kv said...

what a beautiful color. i've been eying that pattern all summer, and i think seeing yours that i may just go ahead and make one. and i really like the idea of layering it...clever!

Knittymama said...

What a lovely sweater! I really like the look of it layered over the long sleeved top.

MotherMe said...

Gorgeous all around, and you wear it well! Add me to the list of people who are going to queue this pattern! ;)

Anonymous said...

It's wonderful hun!

Skein said...

Looks great! Yet another to add to my queue:)

Cloudberry said...

Beautiful!
It looks great on you!

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

That is super cute on you! Love that you made it into an Autumn top with the rich red color and the more layered effect!

Agnes Nz said...

That's gorgeous!!
I love the shape and color...
Amazing!

Anna said...

It looks really lovely on you! I must admit I was thinking how nice and arty your photos were...

Unknown said...

It's beautiful! Amazing - the knitting you get done, considering all the kids AND yarn black holes.
X Lies

Rima said...

Very nice! The color looks great on you.

Jo Windmill said...

Oh my goodness, That is soo divine!!